Alps Water Filter Glass 18 Litre
ALPS is a natural gravity fed water filtration system that is designed to remove all types of contaminants in tap water via a ten stage filtration process. Lab tests conducted by Cairns Regional Council showed almost no detectable sodium fluoride levels, or any other harmful/dangerous chemicals.
The ALPS water filter represents a natural, simple, easily maintained and cost effective apparatus, that will provide you with a consistent supply of clean and healthy drinking water, essential for general health, longevity and quality of life.
According to the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines: “drinking water should ideally be, clear, colourless, and well aerated with no unpalatable taste or odours. It should contain no suspended matter, harmful chemical substances or pathogenic micro-organisms”. Despite these guidelines our water supply at the point of consumption has many undesirable qualities.
- Aluminium – There are clear links between Aluminium & Alzheimer’s Disease. Aluminium also raises the acidity of water.
- Bacteria & Protozoa – Examples include E.Coli, Coliforms, Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- Cadmium – Accumulates in the body over a long period & may cause stomach cramps, kidney & liver damage.
- Chlorine – Used for the treatment of water supplies to eliminate many waterborne diseases.
- Fluoride – The addition of fluoride to municipal water is banned in many countries but not in Australia. Linked to many long-term health defects such as compromised thyroid and immune system degeneration. In high doses is lethal.
- Lead – Lead contaminated water poses a serious health risk to all ages, including learning difficulties, behavioural problems, mental & physical retardation, hypertension, strokes & heart disease.
- Mercury – Can cause ulcers, skin irritations, dental problems, internal bleeding, liver & kidney damage.
- Nitrate – Linked to the use of fertilizers & or sewage contamination. Nitrate reacts with other chemicals & forms Nitrite within the digestive tract. It can then go on to form carcinogens.
- Pesticides and Chemicals – Many of these originate from pesticides, weed killers, commercial & domestic waste.
- Pharmaceuticals – Include pharmaceutical drugs, ingredients in cosmetics, food supplements, other personal care products associated with recycled water and many other chemicals we may not be aware of.