Should You Shower Before Or After a Sauna?
Infrared saunas are so popular not only because of all the health & wellbeing benefits but because many people find the lower temperatures (compared to traditional saunas) much more comfortable and enjoyable. Showering can help to boost the amazing benefits of using an infrared sauna regularly but should you shower before or after a sauna? Below is information on saunas, showering and whether you should shower before an infrared sauna or after.
iHealth Saunas has been supplying top quality saunas and customer service to Australians since 2008. We are Australia’s longest-running infrared sauna company and are a family & Australian owned business. We pride ourselves on not just being a sauna company - we aim to help people find their ‘ah-ha’ moment - catalyst information that could help someone turn a corner in their health & wellness. We strive to support every customer’s personal journey towards better health as they incorporate sauna into their daily lives. So, should you shower after an infrared sauna? Or should you shower before an infrared sauna? Read on to find out!
How Showering Can Boost The Benefits Of Infrared Sauna
People use their saunas for many different reasons. If you want to increase perspiration to encourage weight loss and removal of toxins you should shower before an infrared sauna (a hot shower) as this can help to up your perspiration levels.
However, we do recommend that you should shower after an infrared sauna too. Because you sweat during your session and toxins are released, having a shower after your sauna will help to cleanse the skin and close pores. A cold shower after your sauna can also activate cold shock proteins in the body, which may help assimilate fat for weight loss.
Additional Tips for Sauna Users
Other tips to help you get the most out of your sauna include:
- Ask us for guidance! Our team is passionate about ensuring you get great results from using your sauna - we have a wealth of knowledge and will tailor advice to your specific needs
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after your sessions
- We recommend 3+ sauna sessions per week with a duration of around 30-45 minutes at 45°C - 55°C
- Position the Movable Pure Wave ceramic heaters to specific areas you would like to target e.g. feet, legs (Premium Range Only)
- Place a towel on the bench and floor of the sauna for perspiration and keep one handy to wipe excessive sweat from your body
- Combining an evening Infrared sauna session with tea, essential oils and meditation can help you to get a better night’s sleep (hot tip: use the in-cabin red light colour therapy too!)
- Incorporating your sauna as part of a multi-pronged approach to your health will help you to achieve the best results
- Use your sauna post-workout to boost results and help with recovery
Contact The Infrared Sauna Experts Today
Call 1800 045 268 if you have any questions about using infrared saunas including whether you should shower before or after a sauna. Alternatively, fill out our online enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.