Should You Sauna When Sick?
Using a sauna when sick for the most part is safe. Some research indicates that using an infrared sauna when sick can help minimise symptoms and speed up recovery. Below are our recommendations on how best to use infrared sauna when sick including using sauna when sick with flu.
iHealth Saunas has been supplying top quality saunas to Australians since 2008, making us Australia’s longest-running infrared sauna company. Our team is passionate about helping our clients to achieve their health and well-being goals through regular infrared sauna use.
We tailor your sauna usage guidelines to help you make the most of your sauna and also provide ongoing support through webinars and an online support group. If you’re not feeling the best and wondering are saunas good when sick, read on!
Our Recommendations For Using Infrared Saunas When Sick
So we know that using taking an infrared sauna when sick can help relieve some symptoms, but if you do have any existing health conditions, including heart conditions we always recommend getting advice from your health practitioner. If you do plan to use your infrared sauna when sick, here are our recommendations:
- Ensure you stay hydrated! Drink plenty of water before, during and after your sauna session.
- Make sure your sauna is set to a temperature you’re comfortable with. You can still achieve results with a lower temperature setting bearing in mind that sweating can help to push out toxins.
- Use colour therapy (we have colour therapy charts that give you guidance on the colours to use). Red light helps you to relax and get a better sleep which will also help to aid recovery.
- If there are areas of your body that are aching, position iHealth Movable Pure Wave ceramic heaters on those areas to help ease pain
- Some people find that they tend to sweat more whilst using a sauna when sick with flu. Keep a towel handy to wipe away excess sweat. We also recommend having a shower afterwards to help wash away the sweat and cleanse the skin.
Can Saunas Make You Sick?
When used properly, saunas generally won’t make you sick. As mentioned above, make sure you consult a health professional if you do have existing conditions before using your sauna.
Start Your Sauna Journey Today
When you contact us, we won’t just try to sell you a sauna. We want to know about your health goals and challenges, so we can help you bridge the gap from where you are to where you want to be, and ensure you purchase the best model for your needs.
Book your no-obligation discovery call with one of our friendly Sauna Specialists to learn more about your options.